Winter weddings in Ireland are now becoming as popular as summer weddings and I have compiled a ‘12 days to Christmas’ list of reasons why a winter wedding in Ireland would be a completely magical event.
My list of 12 reasons for planning a Christmas wedding in Ireland!
- Colours and vibrancy. Think burgundy and red or dark blue. Good for brunettes and red heads. Gold and silver for blondes.
- Bolero jackets! Fur (faux for us ex vegetarians) stole jackets! Shawls and faux fur hand muffs! Think Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor. There are some amazing winter bridal accessories.
- More availability when booking venues and suppliers.
- Honeymoons in Thailand, Bali and South America in their summertime.
- The hours of daylight are less so there will be more lights, more candles, more romance…
- Winter floral displays are full of imagination! Mosses and nuts and berries and evergreens with silver and gold ribbon.
- Your groom can blaze a trail in a green or navy velvet jacket.
- Hot toddies and mulled wine instead of champagne for your reception.
- Some venues will charge less in the winter months. Until winter weddings in Ireland become as popular as summer ones!
- Your friends living in Australia and North America will thank you. They will be coming home for Christmas, so it helps on their pockets.
- Castles in Ireland and country houses will have big roaring fires going from morning to night so there will be a lovely warm atmosphere everywhere.
- Beautiful photographs with frost in the morning on the grounds and the chance of a dusting of snow.. A winter sunset.